These post-baccalaureate degree programs are designed for individuals who have earned a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution and want to pursue another undergraduate degree. With an additional 45 credits, a student can earn a second bachelor's degree. (Download the checksheets below for required courses). Up to five classes (15 credits) taken for the previous degree may be applied to this degree (if the courses meet the degree requirements). Thirty credits (10 classes) must be taken through UMA to meet the residency requirements for the degree.
The UMA Computer Information Systems program now offers two post-bachelor-level degrees:
- A Post-Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
- A Post-Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
For the Post-Bacc in CIS, no previous computer courses are required. The goal of the program is to provide a Computer Information Systems degree that meets the requirements of businesses seeking information technology professionals.
The following courses are prerequisites to the Post Baccalaureate of Science, Cybersecurity. If you have not taken any of these courses, you will need to complete these in addition to the degree requirements:
- CIS101 Introduction to Computer Science
- CIS110 Programming Fundamentals
- Either CIS214 Applications Programming: Java or CIS215 Applications Programming: C++
- CIS240 Networking Concepts